Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cousins

My favorite cousin memories (which really all revolve around one cousin in particular).....
Playing with our Barbies in the pool waterfall at Grandma's house

 Making mud pies out of all the berries, leaves and dirt we found in grandma's garden around the pool
 sleeping in the dining room on the pool floats and reading Bearnstein Bear books at night
 painting our nails every color of the rainbow and using puff paint to add flowers
 the time I went to visit and made her clean her room because it was too messy for me. yes..even in my tender youth my OCD about cleanliness had begun to set in
 going to CA for her wedding but really having just as much fun bonding with her brother for a few days after they left for their honeymoon.
and there are many, many more.
I wonder what these guys will say are their favorite cousin memories when they are adults.

4 comments:

KarenD said...

Aw, can't wait to see my nephews next week! And according to these photos, I never really noticed how much James and Caleb look alike! And I still think Calvin looks like you, Karen, esp. next to those unmistakeable Norvell boys. ;-)

Sigh, don't know when I'd get to meet Mr. Calvin. But he sure is a cutie!

Margie said...

Cute photos, I love the last one the most.

carol grams said...

Ahh...Karen, this brought tears to my eyes...All that fun time! (thank you electronics!) love that you guys still keep in contact!! 'Cousins'

Lydia said...

Yep, it was a fun time had by all, for sure. I just posted our pics on Picasa!