Tuesday, February 07, 2012

8 months

So it's been a month since I've blogger. And it's been a busy month. I'll catch you up on all that has happened in the past month, but let's get to the heart of this blog, and that is the fact that my child is now 8 months old. 8 MONTHS. I'm in shock and disbelief at times. So, here is what C is up to...


He can sit and roll like a champ. Rolling is, in fact, his main mode of transportation. If there is a toy out of reach, no problem, roll one way, push with the toes a bit, roll a different way, and continue until he gets to the desired toy. Crawling is just on the horizon...Calvin will push up on his hands and do a great yoga pose, and then at other times his chest will stay on the floor and his toes and legs go in the push up position, but they never happen at the same time. I'm anxious for him to crawl, but at the same time I know that all is fair game when he does.





Calvin eats like a champ! I'm making all my own baby food. It really is so much cheaper. A dollar buys me two servings of premade baby food green beans or an entire bag of frozen green beans that makes a dozen servings. It's time consuming and a little messy, but worth it in the long run. Calvin's favorite has to be sweet potatoes.We've tried all kinds of fruit and veggies and he eats oatmeal about once a day.


I have to say this past month has been my favorite. Calvin is snuggly, warm and smiley all the time. When I walk into his room in the mornings, he smiles really big and kicks his legs for me to pick him up. He puts his arm around my neck and usually gives me a "kiss"...open mouth right to my chin or cheek or nose. Throughout the day he talks and talks and talks, goes with me on all my errands, and is just so happy and content.

On Jan 20 we had Calvin's baby dedication in church. It was a special day. Mom and Mike came and many of our friends were there to celebrate with us. The minister who performed Calvin's dedication was also the minister who did our premarital counseling. We've maintained a close relationship with him during the last 6 years at church, and it was special for us to have him pray over our decision to raise Calvin in a christian home.





The next few weeks bring lots of exciting things. Next weekend, our good friends from Houston will be here for a visit and Calvin will get to spend some time with their little boy, Luke, who is just 6 weeks younger than Calvin. After that, we'll be getting on a plane to California to see some extended family for a long weekend. In March Dad and Pam will come for a visit and I'm so excited for them to get to see how much Calvin has grown. So...bring on month 9!

1 comment:

Kati said...

You're right on about the baby food. Those tiny jars are $$ compared to how many baby "meals" you can get from a whole bag of veggies or fruits or potatoes!

I can't believe he's 8 months old either. Time flies!