Sunday, April 08, 2012

Life lately...

In the past month......


We've had an awesome visit with Grandpa Walt and family from Oregon. By the end of the weekend, Calvin and Grandpa were old buddies!

We attended the wedding of my beautiful step sister, Courtney, which gave Dave and I a much needed night out.

Calvin turned 10 months old, started crawling up a storm and pulling up on everything in sight, and is almost 100% self feeding.






There has been a rare, long string of beautiful weather in north Texas. 70s during the day and crisp in the mornings. We've gone on lots of walks, gone to the park with friends, and just sat on the blanket in the front yard to enjoy the fleeting, quick season that is Spring in TX.






Cadet Norvell (who won't let me pot a pic of him in his academy uniform!) is excelling in police academy. He passed all of this physical requirements in the first round, has the highest academic score in the class, leads a study session every Sunday at Starbucks,which started with 3 people and has grown to 10, and has been voted squad leader for his class. We are both adjusting to the changes of the past few weeks. Most days we only have about an hour of family time in the evenings, and after Calvin goes to bed, Dave pulls out the books and reviews the material from the day. But..I know he is doing what he needs to be successful, and I'm proud of him for following the Lord's command by doing this all for the Glory of God.

And Mom Norvell...well, I'm hanging in there. Adjusting to change, running a household, and trying to listen to the Lord as he directs and guides my path. By the end of the day I can hardly keep my eyes open, I fall into bed without turning off the light, but my heart is full and happy. I'm blessed beyond measure.

5 comments:

The Young's said...

such a sweet post, friend :)

robin richardson said...

What a sweet, sweet post! Glad everything is gong well for y'all! Calvin is adorable and such a big boy!

Kati said...

Calvin is getting so big! And it sounds like Dave is doing AMAZING with his new career!! Yay!!!

And you my dear seem to be holding down the fort and caring for both hubby and baby quite well. :) Way to go!

Can't wait to see you at Brooke's shower!

The Cates said...

I know you are happy that Calvin is up and moving. Looks like the self feeding is going great! How are you with all the mess. I don't mind it but I know others probably do. Whatever makes them happy, right?!?

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

GREAT photos! I'm new here... love the feel of your site so far! I'm off to check out some more posts. Thought I'd say hi rather than lurk around. :) Have a great week, sugar! xo